Skip to main content
You are here
Home » Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
- This site is optimized for the following browsers: Chrome and Firefox (all versions), and will be correctly displayed in Internet Explorer versions 8 and higher.
- The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (hereinafter referred to by its acronym, ECLAC) maintains this Web site (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the "Site" ("Users"). The contents hereof are presented for information purposes only. The Commission is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and to download and copy information, documents and material (collectively referred to as "Materials") from the Site for Users’ personal, non-commercial use without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below and subject also to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within the Site.
- The Site is administered by ECLAC. For the purposes of the present agreement, the acronym, ECLAC, shall henceforth and hereinafter be understood to include the Latin American and Caribbean Institute for Economic and Social Planning (ILPES).
- The Materials provided on the Site all originate with the different ECLAC divisions and units and appear on the Site under the terms and conditions set forth herein. ECLAC reserves the right, to the extent that it deems it appropriate, to establish unilaterally new terms and conditions for use of the Site.
- Unless otherwise stated, the views and conclusions expressed in the Materials on the Site are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily coincide with those of ECLAC.
- The Material provided on the Site is provided "as is", exclusively for information purposes and without guarantee as to its accuracy or completeness. ECLAC periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on the Site without notice.
- Use of the Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances shall ECLAC be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to have resulted from use of the Site, including, but not limited to, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Under no circumstances, even, but not limited to, negligence, shall ECLAC be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special damage, even if the United Nations has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- The user specifically acknowledges and agrees that ECLAC is not liable for any conduct of any user of the Site.
- The Site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information and content providers. ECLAC does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information or content provider or by any user of the Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement or other information shall also be at the user’s risk. Neither ECLAC nor any of its staff members, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, untimeliness, incompleteness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, or for any damage resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of the Site, the User accepts responsibility for any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of User’s use of this Site. If the User is dissatisfied with any material on the Site or with any of the terms or conditions of use of the Site, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Nothing included on the Site or in any of the Materials it contains may be considered implicitly or explicitly as a recommendation for making investments. Consequently, nothing contained in the Site, nor any of the Materials constitutes an offer or an invitation by ECLAC, or on its behalf, to buy or sell actions or securities or should be taken as investment advice.
- The Site contains links and references to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of ECLAC and ECLAC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. ECLAC provides these links only as a convenience for users, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by ECLAC.
- If the Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively referred to as "Forums"), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, the User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property rights (or by rights of privacy or of publicity), unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software programs that might damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum in respect of which the User knows, or may reasonably be expected to know, that such distribution would not be legal.
- The User acknowledges that all forums or discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, electronic mails (e-mails) and other communications by other users are not endorsed by ECLAC and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened or approved by ECLAC. ECLAC reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users including, without limitation, electronic mail and bulletin board postings.
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon, or a waiver of, the privileges and immunities of the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, which are specifically reserved.
- ECLAC reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. ECLAC shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- ECLAC reserves the right to deny without notice to any user and at its sole discretion access to this Site or any portion thereof.
- No waiver by ECLAC of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.