Meeting of civil society from Latin America and the Caribbean prior to the Fifth Meeting of the Forum of the Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean on Sustainable Development (virtual).
The Civil Society Participation Mechanism in the Forum of the Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean on Sustainable Development invites you to participate in the Virtual Forum of Civil Society Organizations, to be held on Sunday, March 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Costa Rica time). This meeting will be prior to the Fifth Meeting of the Forum of the Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean on Sustainable Development, which will take place from March 7 to 9, 2021.
This meeting will allow Civil Society representatives to exchange ideas, experiences and proposals, regarding the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, in the countries of our region, especially considering the impact of COVID 19 and the need to adapt the respective response of governments and society as a whole.
The civil society meeting will be “exclusively” in virtual mode. To participate, you must first register in the forum registration of participants, on the Official ECLAC webpage https://eventos.cepal.org/event/66/registrations/ and then register in the Civil Society meeting registry, completing the Registration Form.
We hope and trust that we will be able to strengthen ties and enhance our impact to ensure effective social dialogue in our countries, which will allow us to advance in the implementation of inclusive and sustainable recovery policies for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda.
Civil Society Agenda
9.00-9:40 / Opening session.
• Welcome MeSCALC representative
• Greeting from Christian Guillermet, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Costa Rica
• Greetings from Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of ECLAC
9:40 - 10:40 / Panel on the SDGs under review and the monitoring of the 2030 Agenda
The panel will address the issues of Environmental Sustainability (SDG 14 and SDG 15); the mainstreaming of the centrality of Gender Equality (SDG 5); and the link between Systemic
Issues and Education (SDG 4), all from a transversal perspective with SDG 17 on the Development Model and Inclusive Alliances.
10.40 - 11.40 / Group Work (Civil Society Dialogue)
• Group 1. Environmental sustainability (SDG 14 and SDG 15) and the Development Model and Inclusive Partnerships (SDG 17) in the 2030 Agenda (interpretation)
• Group 2. The mainstreaming of the centrality of Gender Equality (SDG 5) in the Development Model and Inclusive Alliances (SDG 17) in the 2030 Agenda
• Group number 3. The central link between Education (SDG 4), Systemic Issues and Inclusive Partnerships (SDG 17)
11.40 – 11.50 Break
11.50-12.50 / Closing Plenary:
Presentation of the outcomes of the discussion groups and recommendations of Civil Society to the Fifth Meeting of the Forum.
12.50-13.00 / Forum Highlights:
• Luis Yáñez, Secretary of the Commission of ECLAC, presents the organizational aspects of the Fifth Meeting of the Forum and answers questions from the
*IMPORTANT: The Fifth Meeting of the Forum of the Countries of Latin America and the Caribbean on Sustainable Development will be held in person in San José, Costa Rica. However, the availability of spaces to participate is limited by COVID-19 restrictions, so it is not possible to guarantee your access to the meeting. We recommend you to prioritize your virtual participation!