Los aportes de las personas migrantes al desarrollo sostenible en el contexto de la implementación del Pacto Mundial para la Migración Segura, Ordenada y Regular
Fernando Fajnzylber Auditorium, floor 4
To reflect and make proposals on the contributions of migrants to sustainable development and consider options to accelerate their potential based on the implementation of the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (GCM).
Some of the questions that would guide the discussions are:
● What factors should be considered to identify and enhance the contributions of migration to sustainable development?
● What new narratives and good practices developed on the issue in the region could be shared?
● What actions are needed to enhance the positive impact of migrants on sustainable development?
● How do remittances contribute to the well-being of families and communities and the development of countries of origin and what actions could be developed to amplify these impacts?
● What role have migrants played during the pandemic, particularly in the economic sphere, and what role can they play in the recovery?
● What are the main features, challenges and opportunities of migrants' socio-labour insertion in the region?